Injuries happen and they are a normal experience for anyone working out. Usually, these injuries are not severe so you can still work out. However, you can’t do the same things you were doing or else you risk worsening your injury. These tips won’t cover every possible injury you may have, so please consult your doctor before attempting any. In addition to that, be sure to warm up before any of these exercises, your body and your safety should be your first priority.
Knee injuries are the worst and can stop you from doing a lot of lower body or even upper body exercises. But, as long as your knee injury isn’t severe, there are still some low impact exercises you can do to maintain your physique while your knees heal. Here are some of them.
- Walking Backwards: This exercise may look silly, but it’s actually an effective way to get some cardio in if your knees are injured. If you are good enough at walking backward, you can even compete in it.
- Calf Raises: Basically, you’re standing on your tippy toes and repeating it multiple times. It’s a simple exercise, but it will work out your legs without hurting your knees.
- Swimming: Swimming delivers a great cardio workout and does not impact your knees as much as running does.
Like your knees, your back is also a critical part of your body. However, many people suffer from back pain or back injuries. Here are some low impact exercises you can do that won’t put too much stress on your back.
- Wall Sits: This one is just like the name implies, you’re sitting against the wall and holding that position for a few seconds. It gives a good leg and core workout without putting too much pressure on your back.
- Swimming: Swimming is also a great workout if you have back pain. You will have to avoid some strokes as they will impact your back more, but the breaststroke is one of many strokes that won’t.
These were just some workout tips for the most basic of injuries. Always consult your doctor before doing any activity after an injury. Make sure it is okay to move beforehand so you don’t cause further damage.